Offbeat doesn’t necessarily mean it cannot be romantic as well. Every Couple has an idea of what constitutes a perfect vacation. These are our top 5 holiday ideas which may look “whoa” to begin with but can easily become “aww” worthy in no time.
1. Watch the Northern lights from a glass Igloo in Finland: The sparse tree line and the complete lack of pollution present a ceiling of millions of stars each night, and during the peak winter months the location offers one of the best views of the Northern Lights in the Arctic Circle. If that becomes a little too romantic for you, you can always visit the real Santa Claus at his house, go for berry and mushroom picking trips, attend one of the many Rock, Jazz and Folk music festivals, swim in an icy pool or just walk in the woods.
2. Learn how to Tango in Argentina: Take a Tango lesson and set the dance floor on fire in Buenos Aires. Of course, chances are you will spend your first lesson being awestruck by the fluid moves of you teacher, end up visiting milongas of La Boca and San Telmo and have scant time to take any more. From marching with penguins to taking the immensely romantic and breathtaking moonlight tour of Iguazú Falls, trekking on glaciers or stargazing from the observatory in Barreal.
3. Go Scuba diving in Fiji: The world under the sea is perhaps more beautiful and pure than the one above it. Go on Reef dives, visit underwater garden, dive with sharks, feed them and say hello to Manta rays. Of course if the world above is more your domain, you can always go surfing, charter a yacht or just relax at one of the innumerable spas around.
4. Go tandem skydiving in Switzerland: Jumping off the edge definitely beats living on it. When you think of Switzerland, skydiving is not the first thing that comes to your mind. The most scenic jump after Mt. Everest (yes for a ridiculously high cost and very limited bookings) you can follow the sound of the cow bells down. The amazing snow capped Swiss Alps, the chocolates and the post card lake vistas offer much more than just the jump. For the more adventurous, there is Skiing, Bungee jumping and a lot of trekking to be done. If music is your thing there are quite a few EDM (Electronic Dance Music festivals which have become popular in the region as well.
5. Sleep with the stars in Mozambique: Situated at some of the most remote corners of the Lake Malawi, nicknamed “The Lake of Stars” by David Livingstone, are the star beds of Nkwichi Lodge With virtually no civilization around, you get a view of the starry sky, and crisp silence except for the sound of waves lapping at the shore. Although if you are up for a bit of an adventure, you can go on a safari at the many National Parks, go hiking in the underdeveloped north or indulge in the innumerable opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving along its extensive coastline.